Running is one of the most common forms of exercise. It helps burn calories and build muscle mass. In addition, it also improves cardiovascular health. However, wearing proper eye protection is essential.
Otherwise, you might not be able to see where you are going, especially on sunny days.
Running eyewear comes in various shapes and sizes. The key thing to consider is whether they offer good visibility. For example, some runners prefer lightweight frames because they don’t interfere with their movement.
On the other hand, those who run at night often choose darker lenses to reduce glare.
For the most part, it is recommended that you wear sunglasses designed for running. This is because standard sunglasses may fall off when you exercise.
To help you, we have found the top 5 running sunglasses on the market. Consider wearing them the next day you go for a sunny jog.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
Up first, we have BeaCool Polarized Sports Sunglasses. These polarized sports glasses are made from 100% UV 400 protected material. Therefore, they are ideal for running in the sun and other light conditions.
Moreover, they are designed to be lightweight, meaning that you won't feel as though you are wearing glasses. Here is what we liked and disliked about these sunglasses:
- 24g: these sunglasses only weigh 24g. Thus, these are lightweight glasses.
- Stylish design: this pair of sunglasses has a trendy design. They come in different colors, enabling you to find the combination that suits you best. Our favorite designs are pink and glossy blue. This range means that there is something for everyone.
- Anti-slip nose grip: this rubber nose grip will ensure that the glasses stay in place all the time. As a result, they are ideal for running and other forms of exercise.
- Uni-sex: BeaCool has designed glasses that will suit practically everyone.
- Scratch-resistant coating: to increase durability, these glasses were constructed with a scratch-resistant coating. Consequently, you are unlikely to accidentally scratch them.
- The lenses can be quite dark: the lenses are surprisingly dark, making it harder to see in low-light conditions. You should be aware that sometimes the lenses can look darker than in the images.
Next, if you are looking for a pair of glasses that will stay firmly in place when running, these Bevi sunglasses are ideal. They come with a cord, allowing you to keep the glasses in place when you are engaging in physical activity.
As with some of its rivals, this Bevi product can be obtained in numerous designs. Furthermore, they feature an anti-reflective lens coating. These are some noteworthy features of the Bevi sunglasses:
- Comfortable nose pad: the nose pad is soft, ensuring that your nose does not feel irritated during exercise.
- Flexible material: the frame is flexible, allowing you to adjust it to fit your face perfectly. The frames will adapt to your face, giving you a more comfortable experience. The material is also strong and lightweight.
- Lots of accessories: when you purchase this product, you are not just getting a sensational set of sunglasses. You also get lots of accessories, namely a case, cord, pocket, and sloth. The case and pocket make it easy to store these sunglasses. Meanwhile, the cloth can be utilized for perfectly clean glasses.
- Triacetate lenses: these lenses provide high clarity. The glasses contain polarized lenses, which will reduce glare.
- Large sizing: some customers have found that these glasses are too big for them. Though this is not an issue we experienced, you should be aware that it could happen to you.
Also available at
Thirdly, TOREGE is yet another brilliant brand for sports sunglasses. With a wide range of colors available, this brand perhaps has the widest section of designs on this list.
Moreover, they are highly fashionable, enabling you to choose the color that suits you best. They have an incredibly modern and slick look that will certainly turn heads when running.
Aside from this, here are some of the other features that you should be aware of:
Cylindrical lenses: improving your field of vision, this lens design guarantees that you won't miss anything. This unique design is also meant to protect you more from impacts. Hence, they can also be used in other sports.
Ventilation system: the ventilation system ensures that you do not overheat while exercising. It also helps prevent fogging up. Moreover, this feature can reduce sweating.
100% UV protection lenses: these lenses ensure complete protection from UV lights. These sunglasses also resist blue light, giving you increased clarity.
True color: while most sunglasses limit your perception of certain colors, these glasses allow you to see most colors clearly. This means that you won't miss any beautiful scenery when going for a relaxing run in the sun.
Removable side pieces: if you want to change the lens color or try different side pieces, you can! As a consequence, you can customize these sunglasses.
The design isn't for everyone: though we love the look of this design and the functional benefits that it provides, not everyone will like the bold aesthetic of the sunglasses. If this is the case, you may want to look elsewhere for some running sunglasses.
The penultimate product in our list is from PUKCLAR. This brand offers a great selection of stylish and trendy sunglasses. Their products are designed with a modern yet timeless style.
Though they may not be as eye-catching as some of their competitors, PUKCLAR nonetheless provides mature-looking sunglasses with a sleek design. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of this brand:
- Wide temple design: the temples on these sunglasses are extremely wide. This means that they not only look stunning but are also more comfortable than other brands.
- Simple cleaning: the lenses on these sunglasses are easy to clean. You don't need to use special cleaners; just wipe them off with a clean cloth.
- Lightweight: the frames are made from lightweight materials, making it easier for you to carry around.
- Additional accessories: these glasses also come with a case, cloth, and bag.
- Mirror coating: these sunglasses have mirror coatings which gives the glasses a mirror-like quality. This feature gives them a unique aesthetic and gives your eyes more protection from light.
- A limited range of colors and designs: though there are a few colors available, there are fewer than other brands. If you have a specific color or design in mind, you may want to shop elsewhere.
- Not very durable: these sunglasses are quite good quality, though they may not last as long as other brands.
Also available at
Up last, Under Armour is a well-known sportswear brand. They make high-quality athletic clothing and accessories. Their sunglasses are no exception. This pair of sunglasses look great and come in a range of colors.
We particularly like this black and red color scheme. The lens color is on a gradient, brilliantly blending awesome hues. This creates a unique aesthetic that we really like. Here is our review of these sunglasses:
- Range of cool colors: these glasses are available in a selection of cool and unique colors. For example, you can also buy a black and silver pair. They have gradient lenses, resulting in a distinctive look.
- UV protection coating: these sunglasses feature an anti-glare coating. This keeps your eyes from being exposed to harmful UV rays. You will definitely want to keep your eyes protected during long runs.
- Comfortable fit: the frame shape is very similar to that of normal glasses. However, its design also means that the glasses are more likely to stay in place when you are running.
- Quite expensive: when it comes to these glasses, you are essentially paying for quality. Because they are from a famous brand, these sunglasses are more costly than most of its competitors. Consequently, we only advise purchasing these glasses if you are willing to spend a little extra money.
After reading our product recommendations, you will now be more knowledgeable about the various advantages and disadvantages of these products. Despite this, shopping for running sunglasses can be quite complex.
To make things simpler for you, we have created a buyer’s guide. This contains all the information you need to know before buying any running sunglasses.
Please consider the following factors before you start shopping. If not, you may end up with a product that is not suitable for you.
This refers to how attractive the sunglasses appear. Some people prefer simple designs while others love funky ones. In general, you should avoid overly flashy designs as they could distract you from concentrating on your exercise.
However, this does not mean that you should not be afraid to pick a bold aesthetic. After all, there is nothing wrong with having fun with your appearance. Just try to limit yourself to one or two styles so that you do not get overwhelmed by choice.
Thankfully, these sunglasses are available in a broad assortment of colors and looks. So, you should find something that suits your style. For example, you can match your sunglasses to your running clothes.
Alternatively, you can find an aesthetic that compliments you.
When choosing running sunglasses, durability is another important factor. These sunglasses should be able to withstand the rigors of a run. As such, you should choose a model that has been designed to withstand heavy use.
You should also check whether the frames are made out of metal or plastic. Metal frames tend to be heavier but are stronger. On the other hand, plastic frames are lighter but less durable.
You should try to find the right balance between being sturdy and lightweight. If you plan to wear these sunglasses for long periods of time, then you should opt for a metal frame. Otherwise, go for a plastic one.
You should also check to see whether the glasses are scratch-resistant. Most models are resistant to scratches. However, some sunglasses are prone to scratching. Therefore, you should look for a pair that is resistant to damage.
The price of these sunglasses varies depending on their features. The higher the number of features, the higher the cost. Hence, you should always keep this in mind when making a purchase.
If you want to save money, then you should stick to basic designs. However, if you want to buy the best running sunglasses, then you should invest in high-end models.
Fortunately, there are lots of great budget-friendly running sunglasses. Hence, you should not worry too much about spending too much money. In fact, lots of the products on the list are beneath $30.
Another important aspect to consider is comfort. When exercising, you should ensure that you are comfortable. To achieve this, you should select a pair of sunglasses that fits well.
If you find sunglasses uncomfortable, you may want to invest in a pair with a nose pad. These pads help to reduce pressure points around your nose, increasing comfort.
It can be hard to tell whether a pair of sunglasses will be comfortable without trying them on. Fortunately, most stores offer free fitting services. They usually have experts who can help you determine which pair works best for you.
If you are shopping online, you can read customer reviews to see whether other users found them comfortable.
Though these reviews are not always the most dependable sources of information, they nonetheless provide an indication of a customer's experience.
When running in the sun, it is important to get sunglasses that can resist UV. This is because exposure to sunlight can lead to eye problems like cataracts and macular degeneration. Hence, you should make sure that your sunglasses block harmful rays.
If you are concerned about protecting your eyes from the sun, then you should consider buying polarized lenses. Polarized lenses allow light to pass through while blocking reflected light.
This makes it easier for you to see what’s ahead. It also reduces glare.
Different brands will offer different features. Some of the other things that you may want to see in your sunglasses are:
- Accessories: you may want to check that your glasses come with some related objects. For instance, you may want a sunglass case to protect your glasses and to make transporting them much simpler. You may also desire a cord to attach to the glasses to reduce the risk of breaking them.
- Ease of cleaning: you should choose sunglasses that are easy to clean. This means that they do not need to be cleaned regularly. Instead, you should only need to wipe them down once every few months. Ideally, sunglasses should be accompanied by a cleaning cloth that can be used to wipe them.
- Ventilation: you should look for sunglasses that have vents. These vent holes allow air to flow into the frame. This helps to prevent fogging up of the lens. It also keeps your face cool, thus lessening sweat.
- Customization: some sunglasses can be customized. This is because you can remove different parts, creating a unique look that is tailored to you. If you want this ability, you should check whether the frames or lenses of your sunglasses can be removed. If this is not possible, you may want to shop elsewhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Color Sunglasses Should I Wear For Running?
You should wear sunglasses that complement your outfit. If you are wearing a dark-colored T-shirt, then you should go for black sunglasses. However, if you are wearing a white shirt, then you should opt for white sunglasses.
Alternatively, you should choose a color that appeals to you. It doesn't matter too much if your sunglasses don't match your outfit.
On the other hand, other people prefer dark sunglasses because they are more adept at blocking out the sun. However, if you don't mind having a bit of sun hitting your eyes, then you can go for light-colored sunglasses.
Why Do I Need Running Sunglasses?
Running sunglasses are necessary for many reasons. First, they protect your eyes from the sun. Secondly, they protect your eyes against wind and dust. Similarly, these products can prevent light from interfering with vision.
Moreover, these items are specifically designed for running. As a result, you will not have to be concerned about them being uncomfortable during exercise or accidentally falling from your head.
To determine whether you should buy a pair of running sunglasses, you should think about how often you go running. If you run several times per week, then you should certainly invest in a good pair of running sunglasses.
On the other hand, if you rarely go jogging, then you shouldn't worry about purchasing one.
Why Do Runners Use Sunglasses?
There are several reasons why runners use sunglasses. The most common reason is to protect their eyes from the sun. In fact, this is one of the main reasons why people who run often wear sunglasses in general.
They are especially useful when running in the summer. Another reason why people use sunglasses is to block out harmful UV rays. This is important since these rays can cause eye damage.
- How Long Does It Take to Run 3 Miles? - April 21, 2022
- Houston Running Trails - April 21, 2022
- How To Wash Adidas Shoes - April 21, 2022